Avisado says resignation not linked to COVID-19 supply procurement controversy

Former Budget secretary Wendel Avisado on Tuesday said his resignation has nothing to do with the controversial procurement of COVID-19 supplies.

“In all fairness, wala naman pong nagpa-resign sa akin. At saka hindi ko po alam ‘yung paglalabas nung COA (Commission on Audit) report, nangyari lang talaga na after ng resignation, lumabas ‘yun,” Avisado said during a Blue Ribbon hearing.

(No one asked me to resign. And I didn’t know about the COA report. It just happened that it was released after I had resigned.)

On August 13, Avisado resigned from his post due to health reasons. Avisado had been on medical leave following a bout with COVID-19 prior to his resignation.

Weeks later, the Senate blue ribbon committee launched an investigation into the purchase of at least P8.68 billion worth of COVID-19 supplies by the Procurement Service of the Department of Budget and Management with Pharmally Pharmaceutical Corporation.

“Kinausap ko nga ‘yung mga anak ko, they said tutal naman Dad nakapag serbisyo ka na for the last 42 years of your life, you’ve been working, kung pwede magpahinga ka kasi na feel ko na rin ‘yung pressure sa katawan ko,” he said.

(My children talked to me, they told me that since I had already served for 42 years, maybe I could start resting since I could also feel the pressure on my body.)

Avisado also said that the head of the PS-DBM does not report to the Budget Secretary.

“Pagdating sa operations (When it comes to operations), they operate independently until you ask some questions. If there are issues raised up to my level, that’s the time I call their attention and refer to them the issue or problem,” he said.

“Hindi ko alam kanino nag re-report (I don’t know who they report to),” he later added.—AOL, GMA News



Avisado says resignation not linked to COVID-19 supply procurement controversy
Source: Pinoy Hub News

Post a Comment

0 Comments